I have deiced to share basic idea about REST service design. During this blog series I will focus on commonly used HTTP verbs and their usage. However more sophisticated will be mentioned as well. In each article I will present concept with practical examples. To design a service I will use RAML and Open API specifications. Where this would be possible I will also prepare appropriate mule service’s implementation.
Series’ table of contents
- GET operation an HTTP method for retrieving resources
- GET in RESTful apps in advanced scenarios like complicated search, pagination
- POST in RESTfullapps a way to create a resource
- PUT operation for updating an existing resource or more
- POST vs PUT create and/or update
- PATCH for partial updates
- PUT vs PATCH update or partial update
- OPTIONS a way for full REST approach
- Hypermedia a must have for RESTful service
I will link here appropriate article as soon as it arrives on blog.